Thursday, September 25, 2008

You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

During my leadership class 6 weeks ago we listened to a book on tape titled Jesus, CEO. One of the questions that was posed was along the lines of "What would you do if you had the courage." The first thing that popped into my brain was "Quit my job to pursue other interests."

The past few weeks at work have been VERY difficult with being sick and a bad case of insomnia. I was constantly having to violate my ethics and morals. My soul was screaming at me a long time ago that this job was not for me. Now my body is rebelling with high blood pressure, rapid heart rate and heartburn. When it came time to go to work I felt that sinking feeling in my gut and it took so much effort and energy to drag my butt into work. So, last night I did the thing I didn't think I could do, I QUIT!! Yup, I'm done. I am going in today to sign whatever paperwork I need to sign, turn in my security badge, and clean out my drawer.

I filled out a ton of applications yesterday and even had an interview with a second interview scheduled for Friday. I have a felling that I will be employed again on Monday, maybe even before then.

No comments: