Thursday, September 18, 2008

My history, part 1

I live in Mankato, Minnesota and i am a lesbian. For several reasons I am not using my real name, yet. I am out to myself and three other people in my 3-d life. I am starting this blog to chronicle my journey out of my self imposed prison.

I grew up in a smallish town on the edge of the Twin Cities burbs. Through the religious tradition I was brought up in I was taught that sex before marriage was wrong and being GLB or T was even worse. So I had no problem being the good girl and didn't have sex. It was easy because I was never attracted to the boys. I always viewed this as I was such a good strong girl/woman that I was able to resist this temptation that seemed so strong for so many.

When I heard about gays it was always a man/man coupling. I don't remember ever hearing about same sex couples being women. This was also before the time when the internet was everywhere. A few years after high school I was exposed to lesbians and while I was very intrigued I was very much against it because of what I grew up with.

Even though I didn't know about lesbians growing up I was always fascinated by women's bodies. I was really fascinated by breasts. Of course I was curious about penises but once I saw one I never had the desire to see one in person ever again.

No comments: