Saturday, October 4, 2008

I did it and they are going to throw me a PARTY

One of the assignments we had last night was to list each others strengths and weaknesses. After we wrote our answers we handed them to our teacher and she compiled them and gave us a copy (in her handwritting so we didn't know who said what) this morning. One of the comments I got was "needs to be honest with herself." Well, I took care of that one.

Reading our spiritual leader papers was the last thing we did for the class. I was a nervous mess. I thought about bringing out my Ben and Jerry's paper more than once. But I knew if I did that I would be kicking myself for a very long time. So after quite a bit of internal freaking out I read my paper about Ray Boltz.Everyone, including myself, had tears in their eyes and I got lots and lots of hugs. My teacher looked at me with her trademark look and said "thank you". It's a long story, but she knew I was struggling with this. It was the assignments she gave me during a private session with her that helped me become more comfortable and able to come out.

At the next class they are throwing me a coming out party complete with balloons and Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I couldn't have asked for a better response.

No comments: